DEAR VALUED THPC OHANA:
We are so grateful to have been a part of caring for your family during the pandemic. Your support and kindness mean the world to us. Stay safe!
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW:
Dr. Kondo is back!! He is in clinic on Tuesday and Thursday.
For everyone's safety, even though many of our pet parents and employees have been vaccinated, we are still assisting via curbside only. We so look forward to the day when we can welcome pet parents back inside the clinic.
For curbside, when you arrive, please call 808-593-9336 for assistance.
We appreciate your continued patience and kindness: The phone lines are incredibly busy and the clinic is too. We are doing our very best to see you on time for your scheduled visit, as well as to help your beloved pet when they are sick and need to be worked into an already full schedule. Since with social distancing and Covid protocols everything seems to require more time and more steps, please allow ample time for your appointment, including checking in and out.
We ask you to now please allow 24 hours for prescription refills. This is for your pet's safety since this is the only way we can continue to give our doctors time to authorize the refill.
- Clinic Hours: We are open seven days per week, from 8a to 5p.
- Dr. Hsu still covers our emergency after-hours line 24/7. Please use this emergency line only if you are a current client and your pet is having an ACTIVE emergency. To address other important, but non-emergency issues, please contact us during business hours or leave an after-hours message that we can return next day.
- We are accepting new patients.
- Same Day Urgent Care Appointments: These are same day appointments for when we are fully scheduled but your pet is sick and needs to be seen that day. This type of visit is at slightly higher fee since staff may be asked to take a shorter lunch, miss lunch, miss a break and/or work overtime.
- Walk-Ins: During these unusual times it is extremely difficult for us to accomodate walk-ins for well-pet exams. Thank you for understanding.
To help us serve you more efficiently and safely, please:
- Remain on the premises during your pet's appointment. This way doctor can ask you any questions that come up during your pet's exam and can speak with you in person afterwards.
- Consider keeping a credit card on file with reception. This is the best way to expedite checking out after exams as well as phone orders for food or medication.
- Fill out new client or boarding forms ahead of time. These forms can be found on our website under CLIENT RESOURCES.
WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE, YOUR THPC OHANA
At The Honolulu Pet Clinic, we are grateful and honored to care for your pet and want to make each visit as comfortable as possible. We are a carefully selected team of animal-lovers chosen for our ability and desire to honor our mission statement of Always Do Right By the Pet. You might see our mission statement in a simple gesture like carrying your pet to your car, or something critical like knowing how to perform the safest customized anesthesia for your pet’s surgical procedure.
Please click here to see pets available for adoption!
We have proudly chosen to maintain our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA®) accreditation for more than twenty-five years. We are part of a group of only 12-15 percent of animal hospitals throughout the United States and Canada who have this accreditation. Our clients can be sure that we adhere to the highest standards of care in everything we do.
An AAHA consultant comes to The Honolulu Pet Clinic every three years to ensure we are still maintaining their standards on approximately 900 aspects of veterinary care. We are one of just eight clinics to receive AAHA accreditation on Oahu and we just earned another three years of AAHA accreditation in December 2018.
Our Promise to You
Our mission statement is “Always do right by the pet,” and we honor this in everything we do. With clinic hours seven days a week and 24/7 emergency on-call care, we are always available to offer your pets top-notch care when they need it. We want you and your pet to feel like one of our family.
As a full-service facility dedicated to providing individualized medical care for cats, dogs, and other small animals, our clinic is equipped with modern healthcare treatments and high-end technology. Our practice serves pet families from many local and not-so-local communities across Honolulu and surrounding areas.
We know it can be scary when your pet is not feeling well, and we pride ourselves in creating a cozy and safe environment in which to care for your pet.
Ready for an appointment?
Call us today with any questions about our services or to schedule an appointment for your pet.