DEAR VALUED THPC OHANA:
HAPPY 2021! What a tough year it has been for so many of us, in Hawaii and all over the world. We are grateful to have been a part of caring for your family during the pandemic. Your support and kindness mean the world to us. We hope to see you soon, xxoo
Your THPC Ohana
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW:
We are so happy to announce that Dr. Kondo is back!!! He is in clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For everyone's safety, even though many of our clients and employees have been vaccinated, we are still assisting via curbside only. At this time, we feel that this is safest for everyone, and we look forward to the day when we can welcome pet parents back inside.
For curbside, when you arrive, please call 808-593-9336 for assistance.
We kindly ask for your patience; the phone lines are incredibly busy. If your request can be handled in the next 24-48 hours (medication refills, preventatives, food, treats, wanting a callback to schedule an annual exam or a surgery), please consider emailing reception at firstname.lastname@example.org
And due to social distancing safety measures in clinic, we need extra time to provide services as staff social distance while filling prescriptions, running labs, etc… But don’t worry-we will still love up your beloved pets the same way we always have!!
- Clinic Hours: We are open seven days per week, from 8a to 5p.
- For our current clients whose pet is having an active emergency, Dr. Hsu is still covering our emergency after-hours line 24/7. We kindly request that you call this emergency line ONLY if your pet is having an active emergency. To address important, but non-emergency, issues such as an ongoing health concern, questions regarding lab results, and requests to change medication, please contact the clinic during business hours or leave an after-hours message on our answering machine at 808-593-9336. Thank you for your consideration-even Dr. Hsu needs occasionally to get some rest. :)
- We are accepting new patients.
- Urgent Care Same Day Work-In Appointments: These are same day appointments for when we are fully scheduled but your pet is sick and needs to see the doctor that day. This type of visit is for sick pets only-not wellness visits such as yearly exams and vaccines. These same day urgent work-in appointments when we are already fully scheduled will be assessed a higher fee. If we are not already fully scheduled, the office visit would be at the standard rate.
- Walk-Ins: During these especially busy times it is usually not possible for us to accomodate walk-ins for routine wellness such as annual exams and vaccinations. Thank you for your understanding.
- We are offering our full services, including wellness visits and vaccinations, nail trims, anal gland expressions, surgery, boarding and emergencies.
- We can mail your medications to your home for a $10 fee.
To help us serve you more efficiently and safely, it would be wonderful if whenever possible you could:
- Please stay on the premises during your pet's appointment. (Unless you are having a specific type of "drop-off" appointment.) This way doctor will be able to ask you any questions that come up during your pet's physical exam, and can speak with you in person afterwards to discuss your pet's health.
- Fill out any forms such as new client forms or boarding forms online ahead of time. These forms can be found on our website under CLIENT RESOURCES.
- Pre-pay over the phone when you call in a medication or food order.
- Pay with a credit card over the phone upon completion of your visit. This way our team is not physically handling credit cards and overall contact between everyone is minimized.
- Please allow 24 hours for medication refills. Social distancing is slowing us down but is necessary for everyone's safety.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. Stay safe!!
LOVE, YOUR THPC OHANA
At The Honolulu Pet Clinic, we are grateful and honored to care for your pet and want to make each visit as comfortable as possible. We are a carefully selected team of animal-lovers chosen for our ability and desire to honor our mission statement of Always Do Right By the Pet. You might see our mission statement in a simple gesture like carrying your pet to your car, or something critical like knowing how to perform the safest customized anesthesia for your pet’s surgical procedure.
Please click here to see pets available for adoption!
We have proudly chosen to maintain our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA®) accreditation for more than twenty-five years. We are part of a group of only 12-15 percent of animal hospitals throughout the United States and Canada who have this accreditation. Our clients can be sure that we adhere to the highest standards of care in everything we do.
An AAHA consultant comes to The Honolulu Pet Clinic every three years to ensure we are still maintaining their standards on approximately 900 aspects of veterinary care. We are one of just eight clinics to receive AAHA accreditation on Oahu and we just earned another three years of AAHA accreditation in December 2018.
Our Promise to You
Our mission statement is “Always do right by the pet,” and we honor this in everything we do. With clinic hours seven days a week and 24/7 emergency on-call care, we are always available to offer your pets top-notch care when they need it. We want you and your pet to feel like one of our family.
As a full-service facility dedicated to providing individualized medical care for cats, dogs, and other small animals, our clinic is equipped with modern healthcare treatments and high-end technology. Our practice serves pet families from many local and not-so-local communities across Honolulu and surrounding areas.
We know it can be scary when your pet is not feeling well, and we pride ourselves in creating a cozy and safe environment in which to care for your pet.
Ready for an appointment?
Call us today with any questions about our services or to schedule an appointment for your pet.