DEAR VALUED THPC OHANA:
We are so grateful to have been a part of caring for your family during the pandemic. Your support and kindness mean the world to us. Thank you.
Here is how visits with us work:
When you arrive, please call 808-593-9336 for assistance. A technician will come outside to get you and your pet when it is time for their appointment, and you can be in the exam room with your pet during their visit. After your pet's exam, you are welcome to remain in the lobby to be invoiced out, and to schedule future visits or procedures.
Masks are now optional for our team and for our pet parents. If you would like us to mask up in the exam room for your visit, we are happy to do so. Just please let us know.
Please remain on the premises during your appointment. This way doctor can ask you any questions that arise during your pet's exam, and can get your authorization to start any recommended testing or treatments. It also means doctor can speak with you in person at the conclusion of your pet's exam.
We appreciate your continued patience and kindness: The phone lines are incredibly busy and the clinic is too. We are doing our very best to see you on time for your scheduled visit, as well as to help your beloved pet when they are sick and need to be worked into an already full schedule.
We ask you to please allow 24-48 hours for prescription refills. This is for your pet's safety since this is the only way we can continue to give our doctors time to authorize the refill.
- Clinic Hours: We are open seven days per week, from 8a to 5p.
- Dr. Hsu still covers our emergency after-hours line 24/7. Please use this emergency line only if you are a current client whose pet has been seen within the past year, and your pet is having an ACTIVE emergency. To address other important, but non-emergency issues, please contact us during business hours or leave an after-hours message that we can return next day.
- We are happily accepting new patients for all services, including Rehabilitation Therapy.
- Same Day Urgent Care Appointments: These are same day appointments for when we are fully scheduled but your pet is sick and needs to be seen that day. This type of visit is at a slightly higher fee since Doctor and staff may need to miss lunch or work overtime in order for your pet to be seen.
To help us serve you more efficiently and safely, please:
- Consider keeping a credit card on file with reception. This is the best way to expedite invoicing out after exams as well as phone orders for food or medication.
- Fill out new client, boarding and surgical forms ahead of time. These forms can be found on our website under CLIENT RESOURCES.
- If your pet eats Hills prescription food, consider signing up for HILLS TO HOME so that your Hills food can be delivered right to your door.
WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE, YOUR THPC OHANA
At The Honolulu Pet Clinic, we are grateful and honored to care for your pet and want to make each visit as comfortable as possible. We are a carefully selected team of animal-lovers chosen for our ability and desire to honor our mission statement of Always Do Right By the Pet. You might see our mission statement in a simple gesture like carrying your pet to your car, or something critical like knowing how to perform the safest customized anesthesia for your pet’s surgical procedure.
We have proudly chosen to maintain our American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA®) accreditation for more than twenty-five years. We are part of a group of only 12-15 percent of animal hospitals throughout the United States and Canada who have this accreditation. Our clients can be sure that we adhere to the highest standards of care in everything we do.
An AAHA consultant comes to The Honolulu Pet Clinic every three years to ensure we are still maintaining their standards on approximately 900 aspects of veterinary care. We are one of just eight clinics to receive AAHA accreditation on Oahu and we just earned another three years of AAHA accreditation in December 2018.
Our Promise to You
Our mission statement is “Always do right by the pet,” and we honor this in everything we do. With clinic hours seven days a week and 24/7 emergency on-call care, we are always available to offer your pets top-notch care when they need it. We want you and your pet to feel like one of our family.
As a full-service facility dedicated to providing individualized medical care for cats, dogs, and other small animals, our clinic is equipped with modern healthcare treatments and high-end technology. Our practice serves pet families from many local and not-so-local communities across Honolulu and surrounding areas.
We know it can be scary when your pet is not feeling well, and we pride ourselves in creating a cozy and safe environment in which to care for your pet.
So who are we exactly?
We are a diverse group united by two essential qualities: the desire AND the skill to always do right by your pet. Our big-hearted crew of Hawaii natives and mainlanders includes:
- Patty at reception, our almost 30-year veteran clinic veteran who knows what you and your pet need from the moment she sees you turn into our driveway
- Dr. Hsu who has 8 cats, 1 dog and 25 years of emergency and critical care experience
- Dr. Barrett, a Hawaii native certified in veterinary rehab and acupuncture to provide both care and pain management for your pets
- Yarnie, a 7 year clinic veteran who leads the technician team and specializes in critical care for our hospitalized patients
- Ayaka, a registered veterinary technician who is fluent in both Japanese and English
At The Honolulu Clinic, we believe in always doing right by your pet, in the safest, gentlest way possible. Specially formulated cat and dog calming scents are placed throughout our clinic. Each team member who interacts with your pet spends time getting to know them and will proceed at your pet's pace. We will take a break if your pet is showing signs of stress.
We follow up with you within 24-48 hours of each visit to make sure your pet is doing well. We know how easy it is to forget to ask all your questions at a doctor's visit so this allows us to address any additional questions you might have. For test results, we call you whether the result is positive or negative so you don’t have to worry about a missed test result.
Dr. Hsu is extremely dedicated to his patients and is very experienced in helping animals in an emergency situation. He brings to The Honolulu Pet Clinic more than 15 years experience as an emergency/critical care veterinarian at many of the premier specialty and referral practices in Los Angeles. Dr. Hsu uses that experience each day for our clients.
We see emergency patients throughout the day as necessary, and Dr. Hsu takes emergency calls 24–hours a day, seven days a week. This is a feature unique to our clinic.
Ready for an appointment?
Call us today with any questions about our services or to schedule an appointment for your pet.