Wellness and Preventative Care
The Honolulu Pet Clinic provides wellness and preventative care for your furry friend. Our veterinary staff offers years of experience providing pet care to our community. Combined with an office team that is dedicated to caring for our patients, we take your pet's health and well-being seriously.
We’re A Wellness and Preventative Care Animal Clinic
Just like humans, animals need to have check-ups to watch for warning signs that may not be an apparent problem. Dogs and cats, in particular, need to take preventatives to protect them against parasites and other pests that can lead to serious conditions and even death.
Wellness and preventatives measures that we provide are:
- Routine exams: Your pet will be weighed, temperature checked and heart rate evaluated. If there are concerns or past problems, those will be addressed and our veterinarian will determine the correct course of action.
- New puppy and kitten exams: Start your pet’s life out right by making sure he/she is healthy and happy.
- Vaccinations: Pet vaccines are imperative for living a life free of disease. Our vets will advise you on the necessary shots for your pet's unique environment. Some vaccines are optional but some may be necessary if your pet meets the criteria.
- Preventatives: Fleas, ticks, and worms can wreak havoc on your pet's body. Keeping your pet on a steady regiment of flea preventatives will help your pet avoid skin irritations, unhealed wounds, dermatitis, and discomfort. Fleas can also cause worms. Ticks are a big concern as they can lead to Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. These are very painful and debilitating diseases.
- Nutrition: Pets have different needs based on breed, age, and condition. Our team can advise you on the best foods and supplements for your pet to keep him/her healthy, nourished and feeling great.
- Dental: Many pet owners do not know that dogs and cats need routine dental cleanings. Plaque build-up on teeth can cause gum disease that can eventually affect your beloved family member's heart. Having regular dental cleanings will protect against bone and tooth loss.
Find Quality Veterinary Care in Honolulu
The Honolulu Pet Clinic is a full-service animal clinic located in Honolulu. We love animals and want to help you keep your furry friend up to date on shots, wellness exams, preventatives, nutritional needs, and dental care. Call us today at (808) 593-9336 to schedule an appointment.