COVID-19/NOVEL CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
UDPATED MARCH 23, 2020
Dear THPC Ohana,
Thank you for your trust and support during these uncertain times. We are evaluating on a daily basis how best to protect our THPC pet parents and their beloved pets, as well as our THPC staff.
Q: WHAT PRECAUTIONS IS THE HONOLULU PET CLINIC TAKING?
- Our staff is following the latest CDC guidelines on how to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We will continue to love up your pets in the same way we always have, but will practice social distancing with pet parents and co-workers as much as possible. Social distancing restricts the number of employees we can have in any one area at any given time, such as the lab, so thank you for being patient with us as we take more time to accomplish our tasks.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL NOW BE CURBSIDE APPOINTMENTS, in which pet parents will not enter the clinic. A technician will meet you outside at your vehicle and then bring your pet inside for their visit. All patient history and communication with technician and doctor will take place over the phone. Payment can also be made over the phone with a credit card. (If you do not have a phone, we can get your pet’s history outside and take credit card information or cash for payment.)
- PLEASE CALL TO LET US KNOW YOU WILL BE PICKING UP FOOD OR MEDICATION. ALL PICK-UPS WILL TAKE PLACE OUTSIDE. If you have a cell phone, please call to let us know you have arrived at the clinic. We will bring your products to you outside. You can pay with a credit card over the phone. If you do not have a cell phone, we can collect your credit card information or cash outside. If you would rather not leave home, we are happy to mail your pet’s medication and flea, tick and heartworm preventatives. The mailing fee is $10.00.
- Delivery personnel will no longer be entering the clinic.
- We have limited our non-essential personnel so will not be working with interns, volunteers or product vendors at this time.
- We are routinely disinfecting all surfaces, including door handles, phones, stethoscopes, keyboards and benches. We are preparing to launch our Hills to Home food delivery so that your pet’s prescription food and treats can be delivered right to your door.
Q: WHERE TO GO FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PETS AND COVID-19?
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), “there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets can become ill with Covid-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people.” For further information, please refer to the AVMA website at AVMA.org. For questions about your specific pets, please call us at the clinic at 808-593-9336
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK THAT YOU PLEASE HELP US BY:
- Avoiding coming to the clinic for curbside appointments or food and medication pick-ups when you are sick
- Telling us if you or your pet has been in contact with anyone who has either tested positive for Covid-19 or is symptomatic
- Being kind to each other
- Sharing any suggestions on how we can help support each other
Thank you for your patience as we do our very best to care for your beloved pets during this crisis.
Love from your THPC Ohana